Sunday, October 19, 2008

should i grow up?

is it terribly childish of me to feel upset when a really close friend absolutely forgets my birthday?

i was honestly laughing about it since Thursday
i never thought it'd get to me,
coz i didn't expect him to remember to begin with.

but right now,
i really wish he didn't forget.

its not like rocket science,
you even have facebook to remind you, seriously.

i know i shouldn't be feeling this way
i've never expected much from him on normal occasions
but am i not allowed to expect anything at all?
not even on my special day?

yes i know, some people are just like that
i know so many close friends of mine who don't find birthdays significant
and that doesn't make me doubt the genuineness of the friendship we share

i must admit i'm feeling the pinch this time.
he's not just an acquaintance,
he's so much more than that..
i don't understand how he could have just let the day slip by just like that.
is a wish as a gesture of love and appreciation too much to ask for?

i'm upset.
i am.
too many times i've been let down,
especially by those who convince me that i can confidently place an expectation on them.
hence i usually try not to expect anything from anyone,
even from the ones who are really close to me.
those who claim to always be with me through thick and thin.
too many times they were never there.

unfortunately this time with him, i failed not to expect anything.

i guess i just miss him very much, that's all.

I'm so glad i have my Jesus.
He's the only one who NEVER gives me empty promises.
He's the only one who NEVER lets me down when all else fails.


get over it Shaleeni,
you know you will,
coz you love him very much.


No comments: