Monday, October 27, 2008

paramedic/nurse in the making

red cross called to remind me of my interview tmrw

for those who don't know yet,
i'm being interviewed to see if i'm a suitable addition to the two teams below:

1. community carers
this is a team which works with isolated populations
eg: mental health patients, homeless, victims of abuse
it also works with drug and alcohol services in australia ( in which pharmacists are heavily involved in)
if you know me well enough, you'd know i LOVE the so called "junkies"

3. Save-a-mate
this team on the other hand is largely focused on providing first aid and helping in emergency situations.

ow yeah

i can barely wait

somehow i've never felt this passionate about pharmacy.
and i always thought i'd be fine with it as long as i set my mind to it.

mum and dad feel bad that i'm feeling what i'm feeling now, but its really not their fault.
it was the best option we could afford back then.
they wanted what's best for me,
and i am 100% appreciative of their support all this while

its not like i'm gonna give up pharmacy as a whole anyway,
i'm still gonna be a pharmacist,
just that i'll have other qualifications and skills on top of that in future.
and the 4 years of pharmacy knowledge and training is ESSENTIAL in any form of health science practice, so its not a waste at all.
drugs kill too many ppl when they're intended to treat.
so a good knowledge around the benefits vs risks of drugs is never a waste.

spoke to belle about my interview
and she thinks i'll do great :)

she's also the only one so far who actually sees a nurse in me.
too many ppl have "smirked" at the thought of clumsy barbaric unfeminine shaleeni being a gentle nurse.
its either she's seeing things wrongly,
or she's the only one who has really seen beyond the though walls around me and looked straight into my heart.

and she agrees too that she can see me being a great nurse or paramedic.
and that i'll be happier doing those instead of chasing drug related problems as a pharmacist,
or running room to room filling in case notes after case notes,ordering tests and prescribing drugs as a doctor.
no offense to docs and pharmacists, you're amazing,
but they're just fields which i feel do not utilize my personality and characteristics to its maximum potential.

hearing her say that made me a lil more confident that i'm not being 100% insensible with the dreams on my heart.
it just feels good to have someone who actually genuinely sees you living your dream.

plus,this dream did not come from nowhere.
i believe God put it on my heart after constant prayers for direction
and i'm starting to see that the difficult and often painful journey He's brought me through all these years,
and all the hardships i've faced is all part of His plan to nurture me towards becoming who He wants me to be,
and this dream of being someone who is willing to stretch an arm out to care and love those in need, and those who are broken, is being carved out day by day.

i'm very excited.
one step at a time.

song on my lips:
Jesus make me into what You want,
Jesus shape me into what You need,
Jesus take me, take my life i'll follow.




No comments: