Tuesday, January 20, 2009

update

this is gonna be the most unimpressive post ever
but oh well, i gotta update and i so don't have the time to garnish it with flowery words
so this time we'll have it in point form!
LOL

1. Port Augusta
- quiet
- reminds me of my grandma's
- majority of the people are my parents age or older
- barely any asians
- HOT, couple of degrees hotter than Adelaide
- a real country town
- not much shopping options
- no full on public transport
- absolutely windy
- beautiful views of the sea

2. House
- 2 Bedroom house
- kitchen has an oven (yay!)
- backyard has mandarin oranges, grapes and lime in abundance
- room is HUGE, 3 times the size of the room in adelaide
- 15 minute killer cycle uphill or on rocky grounds against the wind to the CBD where groceries are bought and work is
- scary at night when the wind is really really strong
- backyard needs lots of work
- room still needs a study desk and a bookshelf

3. work
- long hours
- full day on my feet
- still screwing up till today
- boss reckons i'm doing good so far which is comforting
- love my diana ferrari shoes, really glad i'm not wearing novos
- still don't have a uniform, looking forward to my white coat and nametag
- takes up all my time, don't have much time to do anything else

4. other stuff
- got myself 5 new books in 2 weeks *heart*
- my push bike is called jade, she's a blue dunlop and she braves the wind with me on a daily basis
- have a little keyboard now, can't seem to keep my hands off it
- i'm allowed to use the piano in church everyday during my lunch break *jumps*
- going down to visit Michelle in Cleve this weekend, and take her for a drive around the Eyre Peninsula
- snip's molting, he's growing new legs to replace the ones i smashed, and i need to get him a bigger shell coz he's running around naked at the moment
- still don't have a washing machine or a microwave, life's hard without these little gadgets.

5. emotionally
- mixed
- braving the change better than i expected
- realised how loved and blessed i am and how many great friends i have
- missing Adelaide heaps and finally appreciating how important it is to cherish your loved ones around you.
- fired up to improve myself at work
- miss home as always
- feels odd to not be busy making CNY cookies with mummy now.

all in all i'm good.
God is opening so many doors of opportunity for me.
i'm more excited than ever.

this is only the begining.


No comments: