Monday, January 5, 2009

challenge of the week:

letting go.

******

When you love someone so deeply
They become your life
It's easy to succumb to overwhelming fears inside
Blindly I imagined I could
Keep you under glass
Now I understand to hold you
I must open up my hands and watch you rise

I have learned that beauty
Has to flourish in the light
Wild horses run unbridled
Or their spirit dies
You have given me the courage
To be all that I can
And I truly feel your heart will
Lead you back to me when you're
Ready to land


Spread your wings and prepare to fly
For you have become a butterfly
Fly abandonedly into the sun
If you should return to me, we truly were meant to be
So spread your wings and fly
Butterfly

I can't pretend these tears
Aren't overflowing steadily
I can't prevent this hurt from
Almost overtaking me
But I will stand and say goodbye
For you'll never be mine
Until you know the way it feels to fly

So flutter through the sky
Butterfly
Fly
Spread your wings and fly
Butterfly.

~ credits to Mariah Carey for such a beautiful description of feelings which matches what's currently on my mind

***

i've never eaten out so much in my life like i have been throughout this week

new years i had vietnamese + jackfruit smoothies
and another dose of indian tempations for dinner with shelley, handy, and another 2 friends.

then the next morning, jia ching brought jacky and i for italian breakfast.
it was so huge, it could have been a lunch, for real.
had maccas for dinner with my beloved fellow chindian, Michelle.

Saturday had dinner at Hog's Breath with fellow pharmers from SIT,
Mun Kit, Keth Lyn, Any, Yi Wen, Wai Mun, Carolyn and Amy.
Amy and i shared massive lamb shanks and a beautiful Banoffie Pie for desert.

Sunday, Mae and i had lunch at Astor with all the men from Life group.
Jia Ching, Jacky, Abel, Alvin Liew, and Jimmy.
Then all the ladies arrived not too long later:
Jane, Ruth and Hui Ling.
Had my 2nd dose of salt and pepper squid of the month.
yum! :D

Sunday night was dinner with more SIT pharmers at E-Shan.
food wasn't great.
Desert at Buddha Bar was TERRIBLE.
but the company of Siow, Ju-Lear, David, Gerald and little Ron was amazing.

Tonight will be the last dinner with my favourite Lucas Lee
:( :( :(
i sooo don't wanna see him off to Sydney on Wednesday.

more eating to come when koko Wei Jin finishes his exam on Wednesday,
and when Megan gets home on thursday!

then its off to Port Augusta on Friday!



No comments: