Saturday, February 14, 2009

the most amazing valentine's day

the wife of the driver who hit me today was so shaken,

so was her little girl in the back seat.

i was well, like the last time, laughing about it.

:D

not until the laughter died down did the words the lady said settle into me

i remember it so clearly,

" all a sudden i think twice about life, and how things can change in a second"

how true.

a split of a second earlier and he would have hit me instead of my back wheel.

it was that close.

~~Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow.
You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away --James 4:14

today i am grateful,

grateful to have been able to hear my dad's voice through the telephone,

hear my idiotic sister laugh at my stunt,

feel the love from people who were looking out for me,

thank you Jesus that i am alive today,

once more, safe from the worst that could have happened.

with this short time on this earth,

with my life merely like a vapour,

here today and gone tomorrow,

use me Lord, in any way that you please,

for your mighty works,

i will
obey.

this valentine's, i fell in love once more with the Creator.

*****

cherish your loved ones peeps,

because our lives are like a vapour,

and because nothing bad happened to me today,

let me remind you as i remind myself,

cherish them, before it's too late.

no, i'm not being a drama queen.

you'll only know how it feels if you've been through it.

much love,
shaleen

No comments: