Wednesday, May 28, 2008

hug me, kiss me, and tell me that its gonna be ok..

its been 12 days
never once i felt ashamed of how i looked,
all because i knew how much i'm worth

the scabs have mostly peeled, revealing fresh pink skin
today i touched my skin, and noticed how bruised it was
for once i looked at myself and to me, it looked awful.
ironic huh.
why is it that i'm starting to get anxious now when its healing beautifully well?

many friends have asked me how i could walk around in public, malls, restaurants with my face looking like this
i wish some of them could understand how the peace and joy of God strips away all shame and fear

but now that i've said that, why do i actually start to fear?
why is it that i find myself doubting that my skin is gonna be alright and better than ever?
could it be frustration?
after all the years of skin care due to acne, and just when it gets better i hurt my face worse than i've ever did?
could it be jealousy,
with all the others who barely put any effort, but have a perfect complexion?

i don't know
but i don't like what i feel
i need to fix my eyes back to the God
and not to the ways of the world

Dear Lord, remind me, tell me, convince me,
that its all gonna be alright
i wanna trust You like i did the moment my face hit the ground

1 comment:

Shelley Chee said...

Hey Chucky :)
You still looked beautiful and the fact that you were so strong through it all says lots bout you. You've an amazing personality, your skin will heal perfectly and it will be ok. I hug and slobber kiss you when I see you :)
Shel