Monday, April 16, 2007

My very FIRST parcel!

In the first month here, Shaleeni aka the bimbo nut received so many parcels! And I received none. I wouldn't say that I was jealous but I particularly love the joy of opening mails, parcels, ANYTHING! as long as it arrives by snail mail and is not an official letter from the uni or the bank or bills. So, when I knew that my parents have already sent my parcel (filled with most of my dearly missed clothes from back from) off from Perth, I was so darn HAPPY! Daddy told me to expect it on Thursday.

Today's Monday. It was only about 2.30 pm and I was already bored to the core! Feeling sick and tired of studying, I was wondering how did my first holiday in Adelaide, far away from home, end up like this?! Anyway, I was just about to settle down on my bed, wrapped in my warm, cosy comforter to indulge in a storybook from the library when Keth Lyn called and said "You have a big ass..." Before she could finish her sentence, I was already thinking hard if I did anything to her to deserve such a comment. Or whether she could actually see my "big ass" all the way from the 8th floor. Then, she finished her sentence "....parcel here!" It took a while before it finally clicked. MY PARCEL IS HERE!!!! yayyyyyyy!!


My very own big ass parcel!



And up I jumped, grabbed my handphone, house keys and mailbox key just in case there was other mail. Then I took the stairs down and saw MY big-ass parcel sitting there on top of the mailbox, with my name and address proudly displayed on it. Think I might have looked like a retard, standing there with a huge, goofy smily on my face. Checked the mailbox, and carried the heavy parcel up (with the lift, of course).

See my name?



Then, I brought the "treasure chest" into my room and started working on untying the string. I decided to untie the knot carefully, without resorting to the help of my very faithful pair of scissors. After approximately 1 minute of patiently trying to untie it, my scissors decided to be impatient and snipped the string itself! =) I took my time, taking each and every item out. And this is what I found in it!

Food!! Emperor's Chicken mix, Bak Kut Teh, beef stock, ikan bilis stock, chilli powder, turmeric powder!


My lovely lovely shoes! (Shoes here're cheap and ugly or nice and super expensive!) Yes, they looked squashed up but lovely all the same!



Tonnes of clothes!! New ones, old ones, dresses, skirts (I missed them SO much!), shorts, tops, tops and TOPS! With the limited space in my wardrobe, that also means that I have to rearrange a LOT of things in my room. But I don't mind it one bit ;)

Lots of thermal wear to keep me nice and warm in winter! =)
Thanks Mommy and Daddy and Sis! =) Appreciate it loads! Love you all!

No comments: