Thursday, September 25, 2008

to a beautiful woman

If i could think of someone i've taken for granted the most all this while,
it has to be you.

All the while we've been friends,
all i ever thought of was me.
Yet you were always there.

When people doubted me,
you believed in me.

While everyone was bitter with my success,
you were proud of me.

When people said untrue things behind my back,
you always stood up with the truth for me.

While everyone made fun of me coz i was bigger than the boys,
you brought me out to buy pretty clothes i could fit in.

While nobody appreciated my efforts or understood my sacrifices,
You always reminded me that i was your inspiration.

While i left you sitting next to an empty chair most of the days at school,
you always missed me.
yet you cheered me on to go after my dreams.

While everyone was excited that i was going to australia,
you were afraid i'd never come home.

Yet thru the many years of growing up together since primacy school,
i never took us seriously.
I was always so busy chasing my dreams,
chasing my gold medals,
chasing top student awards,
chasing fame,
chasing respect,
which i was proud of then,
but mean nothing now.

But all in all, i'm glad we're still going strong.
And i made a secret commitment to you a couple of years ago,
that i'd stop taking you for granted,
and be the friend you deserve to have.

You've grown into such a beatiful woman,
strong and steadfast,
and through everything that's going on now..
no matter how hard it gets,
you know that you have me with you,
constantly thinking about you,
and loving you more and more each day.

You're my best friend,
You're my sister,
You're family.

and i love you.

i'd sing this to you if i was there with you today,
but since i'm not,
this song is for you:

You're my peace of mind
In this crazy world
You're everything I tried to find
Your love is a pearl
You're my Mona Lisa
You're my rainbow skies
And my only prayer is that you realize
You'll always be beautiful in my eyes

The world will turn
And the seasons will change
And all the lessons we will learn
Will be beautiful and strange
We'll have our fill of tears
Our share of sighs
My only prayer is that you realize
You'll always be beautiful in my eyes

You will always be beautiful in my eyes
And the passing years will show
That you will always grow
Ever more beautiful in my eyes

When there are lines upon my face
From a lifetime of smiles
When the time comes to embrace
For one long last while
We can laugh about
How time really flies
We won't say goodbye
'Cause true love never dies
You'll always be beautiful in my eyes

You will always be beautiful in my eyes
And the passing years will show
That you will always grow
Ever more beautiful in my eyes


Happy 22nd Erinn Wan Zhu-Jinn.
i miss you very much.


No comments: